Re: (TFT) Orientation for New Campaign

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stan" <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> Ty Beard wrote (on his website):
> > For every 2 points of ST (or fraction thereof) you have greater than
that
> > required, you do +1 damage. So, a character with ST 19 gets +2 damage
with
> > a Greatsword (which has a required ST of 16).
>
> Are you dropping the Advanced Melee DX penalties for using a weapon that
> you don't have the ST for?

Yes. The DX penalty always seemed unnecessary to me, and this has been an
unofficial rule in my campaigns for years. Bigger weapons cost more money,
so it's more efficient to use a smaller weapon that you have the ST for.
Plus, it keeps players from deducing the ST of their opponents by the
weapons they carry.

> I think I like the bonuses for having "overstrength".  It's limited enough
> that the higher-ST weapons will be better than lower, but of course why
> should a ST 24 guy and a ST 10 guy both do the same damage with a cutlass?

Yes -- and it makes ST more attractive and ST needs all the help it can get
(vs. DX) in the Great Attribute Race.

--Ty