Re: (TFT) d20 TFT Battle Report --> Rick's comments.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ty Beard" <tbeard@tyler.net>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) d20 TFT Battle Report --> Rick's comments.

How about:

    Opponents feet are higher than your knees:  -2
    Opponents feet are higher than your chest:   -4
    Opponents head is lower than your chest:    +4
    Opponents head is lower than your knees:   +2

         This may look wierd but its based upon the idea that its harder to
stab that
         far down.  The defender is a smaller target and is able to defend
more
         easily by holding a shield over their head, etc.

> Now, regarding difficulty levels. TFT adds dice if a task gets harder. The
> problem is that this affects the character's chance of success
differently,
> depending on where he falls on the bell curve. I see no particular
advantage
> to this system personally other than its ease of use as you noted. My
> question is how best to implement it in d20 TFT. Consider some points:

Well, I never liked the add-a-die system either, it was one reason why I
came
up with my H3 system  (see the TFT archives).   That idea was eventually
shot down but maybe something like it would work for your d20 system.

Dan