From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
David Michael Grouchy II
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 6:34 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Languge of Dice

    My humble contribution to the D20 system.  I have had to gel this one a
little while trying to figure out to explain it.  Instead I realize that we
speak the TFT language fluidly enough that numbers can speak for themselves.
  I choose the layout of the MELEE OPTIONS as combat seems to be the focus
of the current rules testing.  I submit that the D20 system can add more to
the TFT system while still maintaining its unique combination of DX mods and
increased number of dice rolled.

    David Michael Grouchy II

_______________________

d20 = roll vs. DX
2d10 = roll vs. ST
3d6  = roll vs. IQ

&d6  = variable number of damage dice
_______________________

MELEE OPTIONS

I. Stand still or move one hex and:
d20 &d6      Attack
      d6      Dodge* or defend (d6 added to opponents' attack roll)
              Drop to knee or prone
              Disengage
              Stand up
d20 &d6      Cast a spell
     3d6      Disbelieve
              Pick up dropped weapon

II. Move half your MA or less* (Note that engaged figures
    may only shift one hex) and:
d20 &d6      Charge Attack*
d20 &d6      Throw a weapon or jab with a polearm
      d6      dodge* (added to opponents' attack roll)
              drop to kneeling or prone
      d6      attempt HTH (opponent rerolls D to resist)

III. Move more than half your MA, up to your full MA.* Take
     no other actions except:
d20          Jump over 1 hex
d20 +2d10    Jump over 2 hex (rolled vs ST+DX)
              scoop up weapon

IV. Special Options.
              stand up and move half MA
              stand up and ready weapon
              drop ready and change weapons*
              put up ready and change weapons and move up to 2 hexes
              ready weapon
              swap weapoon with adjacent non enganged figure
      3d6     ready weapon if prone

V. Options for figures in hand-to-hand combat.
d20 &d6      Attck using hands or dagger (at DX+4)
d20          Attempt to draw a dagger
              Attempt to cast a spell (at DX-6)
d20 +d6      Attempt to disengage (at DX+4)
d20          Attempt to pin your foe
d20 -d6      Attempt to pin your foe (if you have 1 level higher UC)
d20 -2d6     Attempt to pin your foe (if you have 2 levels higher UC)
d20 +d6      Attempt to pin your foe (if you have 1 level lower UC)
d20 +2d6     Attempt to pin your foe (if you have 2 levels lower UC)
2d10 +d6      Attempt to break pin (if opponent is not stronger)