Re: (TFT) A new game and a pair of rusty tweezers.

----> Joe Hartley wrote:
> > Subject: Re: (TFT) A new game
> > slocum wrote:
> > >
> > > This is a special new game
> > > This game is my first work.
> > > You're the first player.
> > > I hope you would like it.
> >
> > If I ever find out which idiot on this list has the damned KLEZ virus
and
> > hasn't checked their machine for viruses, I swear I will pull out your
> > nosehairs one by one with a pair of rusty tweezers.
> > - --
> > Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com
> > "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith.
> > I consider the capacity for it terrifying." --Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

	I sympathize with you, Joe! The Klez virus is really quite an
administrative annoyance.

	I think most of the veteran people on this list should be monitoring their
Registry keys such as "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\="
for any suspicious entries created by programs they didn't install
themselves (be it spyware or virii), and thereby know better in the first
place. And in the second place, those that are on the list but don't know
how to monitor their Windows registry keys, there's really no excuse for not
having an up to date virus scanner running on their pc!

	Anyone can request a 30 day free trial of a very good scanner by going to
www1.my-etrust.com and clicking on the 'purchase center' button.
Admittedly, you'll eventually have to buy the product, But the convenience
of having it automatically download the virus signature updates (Even if you
like to do so daily, or even hourly) It'll prove it's worth in the
protection you receive. (Note - For those of you who gripe they don't have
that kind of cash to spend, let me point out that you can just get their EZ
Antivirus product with a year's worth of updates for $20, rather than their
full blown product with a personal firewall, malicious email protection
system, plus antivirus product for about $50. So, expense really shouldn't
be an excuse since most people probably pay around $20 for their monthly
internet access...)

	And finally, everyone can get the dirt about virii by surfing over to
www3.ca.com/virusinfo for free, so everybody should be able to be reasonably
informed about whatever comes their way. And about the only other excuse is
plain laziness. (Which, is what the virus writers usually prey upon.)

	   - Tim Sireno, CNE 5
           Network Engineer

My favorite come back heard during gameplay -

GM - "You see a burly gorilla of a man step out in front of you and beat his
manly chest with his fists all the while screaming at the top of his lungs
as if challenging you. What do you do?"

Player - "I reach into my med pack and hand him a bottle of nasal
decongestant and tell him to come over and see me in the morning to do some
allergy tests for that chest congestion he seems to be having..."