RE: (TFT) Suggestion: Break Weapon item and immunity.

All,
	A couple more comments:

	1) The article in the old TSGs that I wanted is entitled "Symmkin's
Edge", and it was by Timothy Zahn. The index on issues after #48 says it's
in TSG #48 ... my copy of which I cannot *$%^&(* find!!! I'm getting tired
of this, I should have filed things better 20 years ago. Anyway, if anyone
has that issue and could check to see whether there are rules at the end of
it, I'd be curious to see what they say. The rules at the end of the
prequel, "Sword's Man" in TSG #43 or so, are for D&D only, unfortunately.

	2) The Lesser Item, "Break Weapon", and its Immunity counterpart
seem to have attracted little dissent, excepting David's suggested cost
increase. Stan, of course, came up with most of that item - hats off to
him! David, the price increase is fine with me.
>     $5,000 200 ST/day $740 /week
>     live silver slime ($150)
>     2 scorched troll ribs (150)
>     $40 common ingredients
	Does the wizard get to include up to 25 ST of his own? I read the
example before the weekly costs tables for creating magic items in Ad.
Wizard, and got confused about that. If he does, he'd need to hire only 7
apprentices for the above ST/day, and that would cost only $350, rather
than $400. To use up $400 on ST would mean a per-day ST cost somewhere in
the range 201 to 225 (including the wizard's own contribution).

>I got a chuckle out of the '2 scorched troll ribs' component.

:-) well, that's the best self-healing thing I could think of. And how else
could you get them but scorched? Otherwise, the troll'd still be using
them...

	3) Stan's other suggestion, adding partial immunity as a choice for
W/A Enchantment or as a consequence of W/A enchanment for Damage, is a
pretty good suggestion. I hesitate about it only because the intent of the
rules in TFT seems to lean toward a specific Immunity enchantment, similar
to "Drop Weapon" immunity. Of course, both ideas might work well in the
same campaign. If W/A Ench. confers some protection, that might lessen the
value of Immunity to Break Weapon.
	Given the choice, I'd go for damage enchantments adding the same
number to the breakage die roll - so a +3 damage Enchanted weapon that was
already Fine +1 damage is break-proof, as is a +1 damage Enchanted weapon
that was already Fine +2 damage.
						- Mark

PS
>     This years award for most original magic item goes to Mark Tapley.

<blush> I'm thinking maybe instead the award for *least* original item? I
mean, it's pretty well laid out in the books, just not in an obvious place
and not quantified for cost. And truthfully, Stan thought up most of the
Break Weapon item. I was thinking along the lines of the Shatter Weapon
item, which is clearly a bit more "out there".