Re: (TFT) Guns and Armour Penetration.

> 1. By allowing armor to protect vs. guns, we dramatically reduce the
chance
> of killing a typical ST 10-12 warrior with a gun. From 63% to 10% in the
> case of a ST 12 warrior.

Ty, one could assume this is why in some Cidri worlds, guns are rare (except
maybe when used against primitive cultures who don't wear armour. It depends
what sort of campaign you wish to run. Maybe dwarf- or elf-designed mithril
(I presume they spelt it mithral to avoid copyright) was light and tough
enough to be equal to or superior than a flack jacket?

............... The third solution is to use the D&D approach and
> assign dramatically lower hit points to normals (not as bad a solution at
> one might think).

I had thought that a 32 point character was actually better than average,
and normal peasants etc. were less, which would make them 10/10/10 usually
(not 12)

> 6. The real problem here, btw, is that hit points don't do a very good job
..............true, gosh, in the TFT world I could have done my medical
degree in 3 weeks! and psychiatry, bah! give me telepathy anyday!

> In those games, an unarmored man is almost certainly dead if hit by
gunfire.
well, before surgery, anyone hit anywhere apart form a limb was dead (and
there as well if an artery was hit.)
Abdominal organs are slippery and often able to slide out of the way (and
avoid damage) when someone is impaled by a knife, however high speed objects
(like bullets) are much quicker and are much more likely to perforate
organs.