Re: (TFT) TFT d20: The Heresy Continues...

Ty Beard <tbeard@tyler.net> wrote:
> [snip large heresy]
> Comments?

Oh, a couple.

a) You're one restless dude.

b) I like the way you're doing ST costs, but shouldn't it be harder to
memorize higher level spells?  (Especially if you're really into the 'Vancian'
aspect of the system.)

c) given that: "The ST used in casting spells is not really fatigue as we know
it. It is "mana" or somesuch" I have to ask, why then is it related to a
figure's physical strength?  It seems you're keeping one of the most quirky
and bizarre things about TFT wizards (that they need to be olympic
weightlifters to cast many spells).  Why not tie it to IQ or level of magery
or (speaking of heresy) a new stat, Power, or something of that sort.

d) a lot of things in D&D work off the caster's level.  Fireball, for
instance, does 1d6/level (now with a max of 10, IIRC).  Many spells last X
rounds or turns per level.  How is this represented?

e) "Some D&D spells will ignore physical armor -- this will be noted in the
descriptions."  I think I'm detecting a theme here.  Longbows, then guns, now
spells...does armor work against anything in your game?  :)

Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

-William Pitt (the younger), 1783