Re: (TFT) RE: Armor of proof

--- Ty Beard <tbeard@tyler.net> wrote:
> [...]

(English Civil War), the ones that were commented upon
tended to be really horrific, and almost exclusively
important figures. Things like being shot in the face
(ECW helmets had very limited face protection), having
their leg removed by a cannonball, pulled off their
horse by billman and having their head removed, things
like that. Very few cases of being shot, either at
close range or far, having their breastplates
penetrated and killed that way.

> No, because TFT fights happen at very close ranges
> -- typically 20- hexes
> (~27 meters). Damage attenuation should not be very
> significant at those
> ranges IMHO.
>
> --Ty

My suggestion would be to make normal armor of no
protection against guns, regular plate armor limited
protection (say the Protection factor of 3 someone
else suggested), and make a new set of plate, called
of course Armor of Proof, double the cost and make it
fully effective against guns and regular weapons.
Gives you one more thing that PC's can spend their
ill-gotten gains on.

John
jwdh71@yahoo.com