(TFT) Counterfeit? (was re: Forest Lords of Darok)

Greg.Tasonis@FMR.COM writes:

> I checked all the items and they appear genuine. While I've never
>heard of counterfeit ITL books, I did get a couple funny looking versions
>of "Melee" and "Wizard" off of Ebay. The boxes looked OK, TOO new in fact,
>and the rules weren't the high gloss finish I remember with so much
>affection. Thanks for the heads up.

One of the distributors found a great honking pile of old Metagaming stuff in
a forgotten corner a couple years ago, which may account for the newness. My
copy of Helltank is similarly "new" looking.

As for the lack of gloss, there were three or four editions of Melee and at
least two of Wizard, distinguishable by their cover art and paper...

GC