Re: (TFT) Questions on HTH combat

Mark Tapley writes:
1) When entering HTH combat, do you attempt to enter (and knock down your opponent) during movement or in order of DX during actions? If during movement, does that imply that you can beat a pole-weapon user by just running up and jumping on him? That doesn't seem right.

MELEE, 5th edition (revised), lists 'ATTEMPT HTH COMBAT' as
an option for engaged figures ONLY.  If you're more than one
hex away from an opponent, you are by definition DISENGAGED
and so ATTEMPT HTH COMBAT is not a valid option.
2) When disengaging from HTH, do you make the 4-die roll against your adjDX *including* the +4 for being in HTH, or against your adjDX *excluding* that bonus?

MELEE, 5th edition (revised), attempts to address by having
the figure attempting to disengage from HTH roll 1 die.  If
the disengaging figure has a superior DX, it needs a 1,2 or
3 to disengage; if the DX is the same or less, or if there
are more than one enemy in the hex, you need a 1.
I dont have my Advanced Melee rulebook handy (its at home),
does anyone know what it says regarding this situation? Dan =====