Re: (TFT) Diablo, Thail, and Staves

Raven writes . . .

>latas everyone, as i log into Ultima Online for a "role play"
>fix

   I use Diablo II for the same purpose, and it's free.

Rick writes . . .

>Welcome!  I had not heard of the Loran game, I'm
>playing in Dave Seagrave's Thail TFT campaign on Yahoo.

   Thanks for the plug, Rick.  Right now is an excellent time to join
TFT Thail -- a new adventure is just starting up.  Here's the link:

   (This would look a lot nicer, but for some reason Yahoo changed the
web site slightly so that I can't change the picture on the home page.
And it's been impossible to communicate with Yahoo to fix the !#$%^&*
problem -- emails to them are totally ignored.  Oh well . . .)

DMG writes . . .

>     The staff may also be used to store up extra energy.  Energy the
>wizard may draw on to cast their spells with.  At the end of any day
>that a wizard did no work they may charge the staff.  Doing no work
>in this is defined as spending no fatigue.  For every 5 points of
>fatigue spent by the wizard the staff is charged 1 point.  The staff
>may hold no more than the wizard's Strength (though a staff of power
>may hold double that).

   With this Staff spell the wizard effectively gains (on average) a
size 10 ST battery worth 11,000 silver.  I'll take a hundred, make
them all the size of a toothpick, and keep them in my pocket.  Each
one will be used to cast 10-die missile spells every other turn until
all the gods I and my apprentices are fighting are dead.
   This spell virtually guarantees that the huge majority of martial
wizards will have this spell, the best missile spell they can get, and
the Missile Weapons talent.
   But I did like the other bits of the new version of Staff.

Lt. Dave Seagraves   zilchATaustin.rr.com
Combat Physician, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Division, TMHS