Re: (TFT) The new spells of IQ 8

Berserk(T)  >snip description<

From: "Dan Tulloh" <dwtulloh@zianet.com>

      This seems very powerful in relation to the amount of ST
      it takes to cast it ... especially not suffering any DX
      minuses part.  How about limiting it by having the
      recipient of the spell make some kind of die roll every
      time they take damage in order to let the spell continue?

Dan,
Interesting Idea. The spell is the exact same effect as eating a berserker mushroom (ITL page 65). As such there is not saving throw required when taking damage. Though I think the idea is great. Say the character has to make a save vs. full un-wounded ST on 3D, that or they notice the wounds from then on only getting the DX+1.

Blend(T):   >snip description<

From: "Dan Tulloh" <dwtulloh@zianet.com>

      -3 DX to hit?  I don't think this fits the description,
      except for targets of missile spells.  What about a minus
      to IQ to see the target instead?  Would allow the target
      of the spell to hide in the background, etc.  Once the
      subject is engaged in melee, however, it loses this
      protection.

    Once again, I agree.

"Typically, slimes will hang on the ceiling, blending with the junk that grows there, until someone walks under."
         -ITL Page 66

I made this spell to cover the slime like ability, and on rereading I see it is more like an ambush than a light blur. But instead of IQ-3 to spot a blended creature, it should be 4D vs. IQ. That is unless the character is a naturalist or is specificly looking for "blended" things (see 'Did He See it'). I guess that means I should change the duration to something like "till they stop hiding or are engaged."

Staff(S):  >snip description<

      What about some community form of this spell?  Would
      explain the stories of the One Tree, the Eld Tree, etc
      that flourish amidst the elves.  The spell might go
      into keeping the tree alive and strong and would
      normally be cast on an oak, redwood, spruce or some
      other 'stately' tree.

Now that's a good idea for another spell. I'm thinking it has lendable strength up to the strength of the entire comunity. A mountainous power source. Do you mind if I use that idea. I'm thinkin an IQ 20 version of it.

   David Michael Grouchy II