(TFT) Spy magery

--- David Michael Grouchy II
<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ...I want to encourage a type of mage I
> haven't seen
> much of.  The spy type mage.  As a GM they are my favorite.
> It gives me
> logical suspension of disbeleif on why my bad guys may have
> inside info on
> the players' plans.

TFT is rife with such spells already.  Illusion, Image: Lasts
one minute, as written.  Can it be renewed at a distance?  Yes
or no, an illusion of the proverbial 'fly on the wall' is a
trick modern technology can't match.  Astral Projection: this is
a spell I _fear_ in the hands of PCs, for there is nothing short
of a MageSighted guardian, borderline_munckin_GM 'wall of
pentacles', non-canon semi-munchkin 'Astral Fuzzy', or the
strictly canonical engraved Word of Command, that can keep them
from buzzing and mapping any suspected fortification or
adventure site.  ST cost and party dynamics, like that with
Deckers in cyberpunk games, are lesser considerations, but far
more applicable.