Re: (TFT) Not New Spell (summoned fighters)

DMG2 and Stan wrote:

>> The following are not really new spells.
>At one time I had three variants of summon myrmidon--one that summoned a
>spear-wielder, one that summoned a bowman (who had to be provided with normal
>arrows), and one (GURPS inspired) who had no weapon talents and an 8 DX, but
>who also had 18 ST.
>
>They're just minor variants, I'll look up the details if anyone wants me to.

"Summon Myrmidon" allows the summoning wizard to get a 12/12 broadsword
wielder. (No shield! Obviously not a very smart broadsword wielder, a small
shield would do nothing but good for him...) All the variants suggest a
(potentially) much more powerful spell which would allow the wizard to
design the fighter he summoned, as any beginning character. That could mean
an 11/13 Halberd guy to fight bears, a 4/18 Hobbit with Sha-Ken for a lot
of elusive little foes (or a Goo?), or anything in between. If the wizard
is competent at picking out opponents' weaknesses and matching his fighters
to them, this could be a really deadly spell.

Questions: Is it *too* deadly? If not, what should it cost?
								- Mark