(TFT) The day the music died

For me, the great joy in FRPG was the incredible sense of wonder in being
able to take
part in adventures of Tolkien-like scope and flavor. Your own imagination
was the only
"accessory" required. We were all playing "Dragonslayer"...I think it was
SPI? ... when I
realized we were all consumed with percentages, rule books, and character
sheets instead
of having fun. Maybe it's an inevitable progression from wide eyed innocent
to jaded, rule-
quoting, game system hording statistician.

While I still enjoy ITL, there will never be another 3 volume white box set
to open again.

"You can't be twenty on Sugar Mountain"