Re: (TFT) .........and the names

I had a group of players whose numbers kept fluctuating. So after a
particularly grueling series of adventures (in which a campaign record was
set by a player who lost 6 characters in 5 consecutive evening), the Duke
christened them as "The Notorious Five or Six". Some memorable names:

Barlow Hangbelly (my hobbit thief/wizard).

Plutonius Maximus (a human tank who I allowed to take an IQ of 7 so that he
could get a starting ST of 17)

G. Imgonna Blastisass (wizard with an affinity for fireball, fire, etc. Paid
4 points for Guns and used a silver blunderbuss)

Dr. Jack (a walking talent package with no combat ability whatsoever -- had
alchemy, master physicker, etc. Wore plate armor and a tower shield and had
an AdjDX of 1. Became convinced that he was a vicious murderer of women that
was terrorizing the village when one PC started casting illusions of slain
women in his room late at night.)

Eefus Breakleg -- a PC who retired and became a moneylender. When you
borrowed money, his half-ogre henchman Buttercup would sniff you so that he
could find you later.

Aeshare the Gay Paladin -- (from my un-PC college days). A flamboyant and
effiminate warrior who eventually reached 43 points. It was never actually
established that he was homosexual, but I used him to torment a particularly
obnoxious religious fanatic player who irritated me. His final stats before
retirement were IIRC ST15  DX17(13)  IQ11. Sword, Shield, Courtly Graces,
Sex Appeal, Warrior, Veteran, Whip. Used a flaming +4 2 handed sword (4+4?)
and +2 fine plate armor. Had a copper and gold alloy coating put on his
armor so that it was bright purple. *Very* flamboyant. Also, quite devoted
to the good religion in that campaign and was a member of its holy fighting
order (which really pissed off the annoying player). The GM played along and
Aeshare acquired a bevy of strikingly beautiful women -- who he went on
shopping trips with, went to romantic theater productions, discussed his
feelings with, etc. He was also -- as the stats show -- improbably tough in
a fight. He has appeared as an NPC in many of my campaigns since. A classic
line (cribbed from "Zorro the Gay Blade"): "What -- you want me to wear that
tacky little outfit and go around picking fights with total strangers?" when
we were going to dress up as Evil Snake Cultists and raid their temple.

Eruptus Flamenhammer -- Gunpowder using pyromaniac -- favored the arquebuss,
grenades, flaming oil, etc. Chiefly noted for bringing a mule into the
dungeon with a petard strapped to its back. Lit said petard then kicked mule
in the backside, intending it to run among group of trolls. Mule kicked
back, wizard failed long distance teleport, petard went off, whole party
killed.

--Ty