Re: (TFT) Are TFT Magic Items Too Complicated?

--- Dan Tulloh <dwtulloh@zianet.com> wrote:
> but not from drinking it ... pouring it on the
> floor, maybe.
>
> >  And while Gems exist for Gargoyles and Wolves, it
>
> > seems to me alchemical preparations might be made
> > to create images or illusions of whatever the
> alchemist
> > intended, and of course concocted for.
>
> I couldnt disagree more.  How would such an
> alchemical
> preparation work?  The drinker might be able to SEE
> an
> illusion (ala LSD), but shouldn't be able to conjure
> one.

No, pour this one on the floor, too.  It's wolf's
blood, tincture of belladonna, fumed with incense
composed chiefly of dogwood and wolfsbane.  The oily
mixture smoulders on contact with air, and the smoke
generated takes the shape of the wolf from which the
blood was taken.  A true magician, if he inhales a
whif of this smoke while the wolf is forming, can
control it as though it were an Illusion.  It will
last 12 turns, even if the mage is KO'd, even if no
mage takes control.  If uncontrolled, it behaves as
the original wolf would have, at the discretion of the
GM.

Bleh.  ;p   :)