Re: (TFT) Come one, come all ! Potions for all spells

> Having said that, I am not keen on
> the idea of every spell = every potion =
> every magic item.

I somewhat agree. See below.

> While it saves typing for the game
> designer to be able to say, "see spell X
> for the effects of this potion".  I think
> that the game has more flavor if alchemists,
> chemists, item enchanters and spell casters
> all have their own strengths that the
> others can not duplicate.

But they could be researched. If some wizard sees some interesting effect,
they might go off to figure out how to have a spell do the same thing. And
the revers is true for chemists/alchemists.

> What is more, if TFT is expanded with
> more forms of magic such as necromancy,
> blood magics, existential magic, rune magic
> glyffs, environmental magics, etc., it would
> be a huge task to duplicate all the new
> spells and effects in magic items (and
> priestly effects if those are included).

Well, my priestly effects are pretty well defined (but the players don't
know/can't assure that they happen), but really require faith.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com