Re: (TFT) Druids, Clerics and such

I once contemplated using the Elan system from Stormbringer to create divinely-empowered clerics in TFT.  This was going to be an NPC thing, initially, in that the players were going to find themselves on a continent strangely similar to Tekumel, basically with M.A.R. Barker's deities.  (Hey, there's no way I was ever going to do anything else with my crate of Empire of the Petal Throne material, so why not?)

With the elan system, the priest would accumulate 'divine favor' points for actions the deity finds desirable, and lose them for transgressions.  From running Stormbringer, I immediately realized that The Most Important Thing with this system is not to give the players a specific checklist of 'things to do'.  Describe the deity and the faith in realistic terms, and go from there.  Keep track of the points yourself, too, divine favor is not something the players should be racking up like their fST scores or bank accounts.

What are the points spent for?  You name it.  Die roll mods are the subtle way, laying-on-of-hands curing and similar miracles somewhat more out there, powering spells would be the more D&D-ish way.