Re: (TFT) What about those darn elementals?

In a message dated 2/26/2003 10:43:19 PM Central Standard Time,
srydzews@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Well if you accept the Jacksonian philosophy, it's just a disease.  It's
not
> 'evil' or supernatural in any way, so why would there be a 'good'
counterpart?

> But let's assume it's a highly engineered disease, probably an attempt by a

> mnoren to develop some way of quickly producing super-soldiers.  (This is a

> rather heavily-used rationale for everything, I know, but it fits the facts

> pretty well in this case.)  Let's further assume that another mnoren needed
> fight these soldiers.

[snip ideas]

If I were designing anti-vampires along those lines, I'd do it like so:

* +6 St
* Regenerate like a vampire
* Immune to disease (especially the "vampire" disease)
* Vampire's get no benefit from drinking the anti-vampire's blood (I'd drop
the idea of making the blood toxic or 'curative' to vampires)
* Glow as with a Light spell, always on. (Who needs darkvision?)
* As side effect to the above, cancel Shadow hexes they enter, but take
damage as if from fire.
* Compelled to fulfill oaths, keep promises, etc.

This would produce paladin-ish "soldiers of light" for a mnoren who wanted
good PR for his stormtroopers. I wouldn't want them in Etan, but then I don't
have vampires there either. (Or mnoren, for that matter.)

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow