RE: (TFT) A Modicum of More Material --> Moria Maps

From: "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>

	I was not that impressed with the
supplement.  A few good ideas, but most of Moria
was a straight grid of lines.

	Does anyone know anything about Mayfair
Games "Dwarves"?  (It was one of their RoleAids
products.)  My interest is strictly for building
dwarven palaces.

Rick,
Don't know about Mayfair's game, but I remember in Harn the dwarves were called "Kuzdul." I don't use Harn's scenarios, but their maps are the best I've ever seen. Apparently someone there is a real cartographer. The big map of the island is some kind of master peice. Again the best I've ever seen. And their dungeon maps have smart features. Like a little symbol with a number in the middle of each room. The number is the ceiling height, and the symbol is actually a profile of it's shape ^ for a peaked roof, a sideways ( for a curved one, etcetera. I can't remember how many times I've bought a supliment and been seriously disappointed with the map(s). But this has never been the case with Harn. Very few maps do I just like sitting there pouring over. When the map is well done though, my imagination can really take off searching out all the details.

   David Michael Grouchy II