(TFT) Re: TFT laundry (Felmen)

Comments on a post from Cas Liber:

>Felmen
>
>Felmen, as they are commonly known by the other races, are evolved
>from various species of the big cats, and like reptile men are not
>related to humans, elves, dwarves, giants, and their kindred.

Each "size" is equated to an Earth species of cat. Not sure why *each*
species should have evolved an intelligent counterpart, independently. It
didn't happen for the many sub-types of apes/chimps/etc...

However, I can see a single intelligent line of cats differentiating into 3
species, particularly given their clan/territorial behaviour. I would
therefore drop the references in each type to existing Earth cats, or
retain them only as size references, and refer to the subspecies as
"Lesser", "Midsize", and "Greater" Felmen.

Of course, for myself, I'll forever think of them as Kzinti....

>their claws
>make them fearsome fighters, even when unarmed.

Standard HTH damage +2? +3? As if using a dagger?

>Generally speaking,
>their IQ is slightly below the human norm, but they make up for this
>with much greater dexterity, particularly in members of the smaller
>subspecies.

Hm. Is there an upper limit on IQ? (The wandering shamans constituting
either the extreme or the exception?) Particularly the Large Build could
make a pretty fearsome wizard as a beginning character, by dumping all 8
points on IQ. Conversely, is an IQ 7 Felmen able to learn any talents other
than the Felmen tongue?

Can they drop what's in their hands and run (faster) quadripedally, or are
their hips/front limbs adjusted to bipedalism as are humans'?

Any unusual plant/poison susceptibilities? Catnip?

Any phobias? Water?

						- Mark