Re:Re: (TFT) Felmen

---------- "David Michael Grouchy II" -----------------------------<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> writes:

Rick,
    After the first 3 years of runing a TFT campaign I was surprised to find
how balanced the double exp races were.  All the human/normal exp races had
outstripped the big races.

As  GM my experience is similar.  If the game meets weekly, the humans zoom past the reptile men within about a year in my campaigns.  Although for that first year the reptile/gargoyles are a lot harder to kill than the goblins.

As a player I played my share of reptile men and gargoyles in my youth.  (admit it, you were all munchkins once too)  Now I would be bored by starting a game that competent and hard to kill.  Half the fun of a 32 point character is that 3 farmers with clubs are a significant threat to you.  Deciding to enter a combat is not done lightly.  I would miss that tightness in my stomach when I face off with a hobgoblin in a dark alley if I started with 40 points, and stoney skin that stopped 3 hits.

John