(TFT) Staff spell?

All,
	A couple of questions about the Staff spell as used by wizards with
fighter tendencies:

1) If a wizard learns the Quarterstaff talent, then casts Staff on his
quarterstaff, does he do:

a) 1D damage, per the spell
b) 1D+2 damage, per the talent (this is what I think)
c) 2D+2 damage, the sum of the two ?

c) seems a bit too powerful for me. I'd say the staff puts a lower limit on
the damage done by a blow with the item, but can't inflate damage if it
were already more powerful than that. Else wizards end up better fighters
than fighters are.

2) If a wizard learns the Bow Weapons talent,
a) Can he cast Staff on every arrow in his quiver?
b) If he sticks an arrow into an opponent, and a different opponent tries
to pull it out and thus causes it to explode, does it do 3D to the one it's
sticking in, 3D to the overeager physicker, or 3D to each?
c) If the victim is clever and leaves the arrow in place, can he be saved
by a friendly wizard using:
	Break Weapon - won't trigger explosion, and once broken enchantment
			is gone?
	Long Distance Teleport - move the victim someplace safe, leave
			the arrow behind?
	Telekineses - on the theory that nobody's *actually* grabbing the
thing,
			so it won't go off?
	Insubstantiality - on victim, while a well-armored physicer yanks
			the arrow?
	Dissolve Enchantment - pretty sure this should work?
	Remove Cursed Object - if victim is in good enough shape to pull it out
			himself?

Could a gate be constructed to fail to pass staffs, but pass wounded
fighters, and thus "filter the staff out"?

						- Mark