RE: (TFT) How come magic gets industrial disease?

Hi Stan,
	Thanks for your thoughts, They are appreciated!

	Did you read the fantasy novel "Master of the
Five Magics"?  They had a very different system for
making alchemical potions, but it too seemed to get
industrial disease.  However, at least it was a
different TYPE of ind. dis. than the "closely modeled
on modern economic theory" system we have in TFT.

	Ignoring cannon entirely, a question to the list
in general.  If you were going to rebuild the TFT
magic item enchanting system / chemical and alchemical
potions system, what would allow:

1)	PC wizards to make magic items.
2)	Not suffer from ind. dis.
3)	Hopefully be simpler than our current system.

	Any system known which does this in an interesting
fashion?

	I would like to say, that I LIKE the TFT magic
item system, and I actually have had PC's build significant
objects / create new potions and magic items.  But I
suspect that there must be ways to do this that feel
more fantastic...

	Rick