Re:Re: (TFT) Erol's smoother St damage table

---------- "Charles Gadda" <cgadda@earthlink.net> writes:
Wouldn't hurt to change the current sweeping blows rule, though. I'd propose
making one roll for to hit and damage on each target; the first figure is at
a -2 adjDX, the middle is at -4 adjDX, and the last figure is at either -6
or -8 adjDX (depending on whether one prefers linear or geometric
progression - I recommend the -6, though). Any hits roll damage normally.
The penalty, then, for trying to strike at multiple figures I think makes up
and is a suitable abstraction for trying to model damage "lost" from
striking multiple figures.

Charles,
      I like this idea a lot.  As a player I am a big fan of sweeping blows, it lets me attack 3 adversaries.  But as a GM the rules seemed a little stiff to me.  I like the -2, -4, -6 progression, especially since the cumulative minus is still 12, just like canon (-4 each).

It is now officially one of my house rules, for my current campaign, I'll inform the players next Sunday.

John