Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey

In a message dated 4/8/2003 8:38:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

>    I would be interested in all of your opinions to these questions:

> - What are the top 3 things that TFT does right.

The "two dimensional" magic system - spell power depending on both IQ level
and St cost, in a way that can't be smashed into a single figure of merit
(e.g. "spell level")

The 5-second combat round - not too long, not too short.

The way that most all characters find it useful to have good scores in all
three attributes.

> - What are the top 3 things that TFT OVER SIMPLIFIES.

The rules for initiating HTH combat

The rules for hiding and finding things

The rules for overland travel

> - What are the top 3 things that TFT does in a TOO COMPLICATED WAY.

Disengaging - not complicated so much as just awkward and unintuitive

The one-turn Dx penalty for taking a "solid" 5 point hit.

The use of different rules for dagger marksmanship vs "normal" called shots.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com