Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey --> My thoughts

> Spell Prerequisites:
> --------------------
> What GURPS did sucked!!!  Huge
> long lists of useless spells to get to the
> spells that you wanted.  Yes low level PC's
> had to be creative in spell use, and yes it
> did mean you needed a lot of character pt.s
> to get kick ass spells, but it was just too
> much paper work.  I mean, I have seen PC
> wizards with 4 and 5 page grilmores of spells
> when they only use a dozen good ones
> regularily.  Even worse, since to get to a
> good spell, you had to have huge lines of
> spells, GURPS wizards tended to have a
> sameness, as they chased after the same cool
> spells.  They are the same, just at different
> stages along the long list.
> Having said that, a few prerequisites
> are not a big deal, (I use some to make spells
> spells that I dislike more expensive).
>

> Talk to you all later.
> Rick

OH NO! I did not mean to imply that one should follow GURPS exactly! Not by
any stretch!

I just might not mind if, in order to learn fireball one has to learn one
hex fire and magic fist. Also, in some or even many cases the prerequisites
might not "necessary" but allow one to learn a spell at less cost or
something (or both, I suppose). Note that such a system only works well if
one uses some sort of "superscript" for IQ (or, as I would probably do,
allow people to purchase talents and spells directly at a straight cost of
125 ep no matter how many attributes you have, up to a max memory load of
double IQ. Or some such)

Also, it might make more sense if talents like "magery" or some such were
included, that might be a pre requisite by themselves, or at least lower the
threshold for learning spells.

Not necessarily trying to GURPsize TFT, but there are a few good ideas that
can be stolen. Just got a lotta filtering to do, if one does this.