Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey

> If I got a 4. I'd chime in on Cidri background. But it's fair to claim
this
> should have been in supplements, not the main game rules.

Heck, I put as many as I wanted... You're probably right, though I do not
think it would have hurt to put in a couple of extra pages of details along
with a wider area map to show all of Elyntia and some of the surrounding
territory.

> 3. Weight carried. It's realistic, but who wants to add up the weight of
> the backpack, the water, etc.? (Maybe should have just extend the "number
> of weapons" concept from Melee - each character has 6 slots, a backpack
> takes up 1 slot and carries 4 more, canteen is one slot, weapon is one
> slot, extra quiver is one slot, ...?)

I had the exact same thought. Yes, weight is important, if only to figure
out how much your horse could carry when you're riding, but I have never
been fond of adding up weights and saying "Hey there - that's .1KG over your
limit - you can't move now!" Something along the lines of what you suggested
is a good approach.

I find at Ren Faires that just carrying a sword can be cumbersome, let alone
with a spear and shield...

> PS suppose a multi-hex figure performs a "sweeping blow"?
> Suppose Agrelgar gets UC4 -> Eyes Behind and does it? How the heck many
> targets could he strike at at once? Of course, he'd miss most of them.

Good point, but I think this is less of a problem then may seem the case.
For a dragon, I would rule that you have to be adjacent to the claw in
question to be targeted. So a 14 hex dragon cannot "sweep" his entire
side... I have to concede that I had not considered the possibility of
multihex creatures, especially ones of great ST. Part of my thought in
having the "progressive" to hit penalty was to reflect hitting multiple
creatures and losing some momentum. In the case of a giant with some sort of
giant sized sword, I could visualise something more along the lines of
Sauron in the opening sequences of Fellowship of the Ring. I'll have to
think on this some more.