(TFT) elegant... Survey --> Comments on Charles's post.

Hi Charles, everyone.
	My comments interleaved below.

>... You're probably right, though I do not
>think it would have hurt to put in a couple of extra pages of details along
>with a wider area map to show all of Elyntia and some of the surrounding
>territory.

	I don't know about this one.  At that time
I was running my Laassamma campaign world, and I
had no trouble fitting Landmaster Hall, the Dutchy
of Dran etc. onto that game world.  Have very low
scale maps and huge areas of terrain would make it
easier to play in the official world, but makes it
harder to fit suppliments into an existing world.
	Given that Metagaming published very few
adventures, this was likely an advantage.

  About mass...
>I had the exact same thought. Yes, weight is important, if only to figure
>out how much your horse could carry when you're riding, but I have never
>been fond of adding up weights and saying "Hey there - that's .1KG over
your
>limit - you can't move now!" Something along the lines of what you
suggested
>is a good approach.
>
>I find at Ren Faires that just carrying a sword can be cumbersome, let
alone
>with a spear and shield...

	In my campaign I basically told the players,
"be reasonable or I'll use the mass / encumbrance
rules".  I've NEVER had to enforce those rules.
But it was nice to know they were there if I needed
them.

	;)

	Where as the 'slots' system is SO SIMPLE and
SO EASY to use, it might actually BE used, which
would be slower than my current system which is
not to worry about it.

	So while I totally agree on every point you
make, the actual rules, are sufficiently complex
that they become simple.

	(Have I sufficiently weakened my own argument
enough yet?)

	Rick