Re: (TFT) elegant... Survey --> Comments on Charles's post.

> >... You're probably right, though I do not
> >think it would have hurt to put in a couple of extra pages of details
along
> >with a wider area map to show all of Elyntia and some of the surrounding
> >territory.
>
> I don't know about this one.  At that time
> I was running my Laassamma campaign world, and I
> had no trouble fitting Landmaster Hall, the Dutchy
> of Dran etc. onto that game world.  Have very low
> scale maps and huge areas of terrain would make it
> easier to play in the official world, but makes it
> harder to fit suppliments into an existing world.
> Given that Metagaming published very few
> adventures, this was likely an advantage.

Well, I wasn't thinking of detailing all of Cidri... :-)

Point taken, but I would have rather liked a bit larger map that just
encompasses Elyntia, the LBTM, and maybe some idea of where Trevalia is in
the greater scheme of things. The focus would be on the areas detailed in
modules, but show enough of the area around them to give the GMs some things
to do and just have something a little more coherent to work with.

We're only talking about a very small land area, relative to a continent, so
I don't think you'd have too much trouble with fitting it in to your own
campaign.

I agree that it would have been bad to put alot of detail in, but again, a
couple extra pages of background and the map I mentioned would have been
nice, if only to give beginning GMs more of a clue.

Maybe not altogether necessary, but I would have enjoyed it more. Not that I
mind inventing my own stuff, but there just could have been a bit more so
that I could better weave together the fragments that do exist.