Re: (TFT) More on Sweeping blows.

Charles Gadda wrote:
Addressing your last point first,
I think that the reason why SJ said that
sweeping blows had to be done with a
cutting weapon was because he assumed
that they WERE making shallow cuts.

Actually, he was probably thinking about cutting through
> the targets, which is not unreasonable, though not the
> only conclusion.

I think it's pretty unreasonable.  I mean, to cut entirely
through not one, but TWO armored men and strike a third
equally hard--with one blow?

Well, okay, it's a fantasy game with magic weapons and
whatnot--but I think the notion of 'game for effect'
applies here.  If the damage is high enough to kill the
first guy, then sure, you cut right through him.  If it
wasn't that high, then it was just a shallow cut (albeit
maybe more like evisceration if he's left with just one
or two ST).