Re: (TFT) Dragon (NPC? Monster?)

Another Cas suggestion:

>Alternately, one could also argue that tail-whacking takes practice, the
>time for which is now taken up by alchemy (and thus it is a forgotten
>talent)............

Probably the best way to deal with it. In which case Agrelgar might keep
it, because that means he's dangerous to *every* surrounding hex.

>Orcus (Lesser Avatar)
>ST:90                     MA:10/18
>DX:15                    Armour:6 point hide
>IQ:20
>This avatar of Orcus will appear within 1km of a Lesser Shrine when
>summoned.

Oooooo. How much gold is there at a Lesser Shrine? Agrelgar may be
interested....
This is cool. It'll give my players something to aspire to.

Stan caught a good possibility:

>the thing would go off in his 'hand' on a to hit of 17 or 18.

Ouch.

>I find it hard to imagine that the explosion of one in his
>hand wouldn't cause the sympathetic detonation of any others on his person.

Multiple Ouch.

Hm. 6D damage -> 21 hits average. His armor and scales would stop 9 of
them, so he'd take 12. Twice that would knock him down, but it'd also
probably knock down most of his assailants nearby, so he'd have a turn to
get up and could retreat after that. I might claim that the bulk of a
dragon would shield the blast enough to prevent sympathetic detonation of
petards on the far side, so he'd only have half of the ones he was carrying
go off. He could probably afford to carry 3 on each side, if he trusts to
this. More likely he'd carry no more than 4 total for any given attack, to
be on the safe (?) side.
He could also lean more toward grenades, as he could afford to take quite a
few of those explosions.

Thanks, good catch!

BTW, are there any rules for area-effect weapons doing enhanced damage to
large targets? (Agrelgar hopes not.) A dragon catches more shrapnel from a
petard (or blunderbuss) than a 1-hex creature?

						- Mark