Re: (TFT) More on Sweeping blows.

--- Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Hm, if 1 pt specialized attack talents like
> double-entendre were made available,
> that might be sufficient game-balance reason to
> justify toning it down slightly.
>   I suppose that an 'Improved Sweeping Blow' talent
> might be feasible too.

I caution against the arguement that 'new talents help
balance'.  They don't.  New talents means new drain on
IQ slots, which means more IQ, and higher point totals
overall.  And whoever you were 'balancing' these new
talents' users against, is presumably also earning
these higher point totals as well.  So then where's
your balance?

I also dislike with some degree of emotional intensity
the drive to nerf sweeping blows.  Like the fabled
abuses of Gate, I've never had the price of admission
to the wild party you all think Sweeping Blows is.
For me, that -4 DX was always enough of a balance, and
that you folk find it not enough seems to me to say
more about the matured state of your campaigns than
about the imbalance of an option I could never afford.

I submit that if your characters seem to be enjoying
the successful use of sweeping blows, then they have
earned that success, and that enjoyment as well.  Of
course, they may not have exactly _earned_ their
abilities to use such things as Gate and Sweeping
Blows, but that would not be for me to judge.