Re: (TFT) More on Sweeping blows.

Ed Thorn wrote:
--- Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
I caution against the arguement that 'new talents help
balance'.  They don't.  New talents means new drain on
IQ slots, which means more IQ, and higher point totals
overall.  And whoever you were 'balancing' these new
talents' users against, is presumably also earning
these higher point totals as well.  So then where's
your balance?

That is a really good point. But if I were to adopt these sorts of changes (which I'm not really too keen on, note that I've been silent on these matters until now) I would mention that I do use a version of the 'memory' secondary stat that makes it not too onerous to learn more talents of reasonable IQ level.

But in any case I agree that a 'fighter' talent of (say) 15 IQ is a very meager proposition so far as hero vs. wizard balancing is concerned.

I also dislike with some degree of emotional intensity
the drive to nerf sweeping blows.

One thing, just so we're clear on this: I have NO PROBLEM with the mechanics of sweeping blow. I entered into this to take issue with the notion that sweeping blow necessarily represents slicing people in two. If I've talked about other ways of implementing it, it has been to say "well, if you want to go down that road, here's my thoughts on how it might be reasonable to approach it". But I'm certainly not trying to agitate for the nerfing of SB. My apologies if it came off that way.