Re: (TFT) RE: Dwarven Mines --> Harn Kiraz the Lost City: a review and call for help.

Rick,
I guess the best way to design Moria (or Nogrod or Belegost, though they
would have been much 'newer') would be to have a modular design:

So: to start, a large hex-based overview similar to D1 (1 hex = 1km?) :
Descent into the Depths of the Earth with a couple of unique areas and large
chunks of 'neighbourhoods' that could be replicated, like suburbs. Of a hex
size, say 1km diameter which was largely open plan.

These could occupy air 'cysts' of varying size which the dwarves had
tunnelled between (underlying theory is one that underearth is a bit like
swiss cheese - was in one of the AD&D1 supplements, currenlty in storage and
gathering dust in my shed...........)

There would be a couple of unique areas eg the grand hall with the chasm
where the Balrog comes etc.

Then have some cave/natural areas and water or whatever.

Hey.............we could all do sometihng like write a 1km 'module' and
sendthem all to you and one on hte list who has a cartographic skill can do
Cas