Re: (TFT) Question to list on fine bows.

rsmith wrote:
Hi Everyone,
	I am thinking of allowing fine bows.
They could do +1 or +2 to damage. My question to the list is: should fine bows
be allowed to give the archer +1 DX.

	Finely fletched arrows to give +1 DX,
yes, I have no problem with that, but should
a bow be able to give the archer +1 adj DX on all shots?

My initial feeling is no, but that adds another rule to TFT.

You'll be adding a rule regardless, since if you don't have a rule to prevent bows from having the DX bonus you'll have to have a rule addressing whether or not the DX bonus from a fine bow can be combined with that from fine arrows.

Personally, I can see a DX bonus on a bow more easily than a damage bonus since the only way to get a bow with inherently higher damage is a bow with more pull, which isn't necessarily the same thing as finer craftsmanship--it's more just related to the user's strength and training. For more damage, add a 'stronger' bow. As far as fine weapons, I think the way most in keeping with the existing fine weapons rule would be to allow fine metal arrowheads to add damage (only), and fine bows for a DX add (only). Just my opinion.

Are you allowing this for crossbows too?