Re: (TFT) Question to list on fine bows.

At 20:47 -0400 5/27/03, Rick wrote:
	Finely fletched arrows to give +1 DX,
yes, I have no problem with that, but should
a bow be able to give the archer +1 adj DX
on all shots?

I would vote yes. A very reliable arrow rest, one which does not interfere with the fletching as the arrow departs, and a good set of visual cues (something similar to the sight points used on modern target bows) would both give the archer an advantage in putting the arrow where he wants it. Additionally, a very consistent draw weight and uniform response between the limbs would make the vertical "drop" of the arrow due to gravity, etc. easier to compensate for (because more consistent) and again improve accuracy. I've tried firing a crummy bow (basically straight piece of fiberglass with a handle on it) and a nice bear recurve bow with a molded handle, sight window (though no pointers), and good arrow rest. There is *all* the difference in accuracy, at least to me, even though the bows were nominally the same draw weight. In fact, I have less difficulty with allowing +1 DX fine bows than +1 or +2 damage, as I don't really see how to accomplish the latter without increasing the draw weight and thereby requiring higher strength to use it. Maybe +1 or +2 damage on the arrows, and +1 DX on the bow?
							- Mark