(TFT) Human only no magic

From: "Matt Picone" <matman@mysticworks.com>

Boy I'm glad I switched over to a humans-only/no-magic game. It really
solves the "Dwarves mining molybdenum using vacuum spells" problem
straightaway...

Matt,
I had no idea. This makes me think of the Three Musketeers European swords and gunpowder genera. Are you using a created world or a real Earth location? The only experience I've had in a real world campaign was a Wild West PBEM that I was in 1991-92. The gunpowder weapons had advanced to revolvers, but no lever action rifles yet (except for the military), and the GM was quite the American history nut. The way he ran revolvers was they didn't take 12 turns between shots, but they were DX-6 to hit anything.
From his research he had concluded that 95% of the time gun slingers could
unload six rounds each within 2 MH of each other and hit nothing. Of course we are talking about early revolvers here, the Civil War hadn't started yet. The sub text of his campaign was class-ism and race-ism. Us three players were an African, Indian, and Mexican run away slaves. We got taken in by this Militant Preacher who then lead us to raid a Federal Armory to get more weapons (military lever action). Turned out this guy (John Brown), and the Armory (at Harper's Ferry) were doomed to fail. But what a fight it was.

  David Michael Grouchy II