RE:(TFT)AnotherDwarvenmine-->ForgeofFury.

--- Mark Tapley <mtapley@swri.edu> wrote:----------------------
Stronghold needs a constant supply of food,

 Can dwarves herd mountain-goats?
			- Mark

Mark,

   Very interesting features.  I think some other source of water than the glacial melt would help, and food may be a problem.  Goat herding and mushrooms only get you so far.

In My game, the dwarvish community is centered around a mountain lake.  There is agriculture there and in the nearby valleys as well as goat herding, and the keeping of fowl.  The food supply problem is IMHO why the dwarves don't dominate the planet (plus a low birth rate, and a preponderance of male children).  A recent (last 200 years or so) alliance with a nearby human duchy has increased the traded food supply of the dwarves, but makes them somewhat dependednt on the humans.

As to the mines, the poorer dwarves live in the recently excevated areas of the local, close to the mines, less well engineered, less light, fewer amenities.  It is tough to be a poor miner who lives underground.  But a few decades of engineering and improvements will make the area more livable.

John