Re: (TFT) Question to list --> contests.

Rick asks:

> So I ask the list, what would be a good way of resolving a contest
> between two characters.  (A contest is when both people are
> directly competing against each other.)
>
> Some suggestions:
> -----------------
> 1) Each side rolls 3d6 vs. attribute
>     contest continues until one character passes and one fails
>
> 2) Both sides roll 3vsAtt as above.
>     winner of contest determined by margin of die rolls
>
> 3) Multiply the attribute score by 1d6.
>
> 4) The Sorcerer RPG version (described above).
>
> System 2 above has got my reluctant
> nod for now, but I still wish that the
> weaker side was not hosed so badly.  Can
> anyone help me out with a suggestion?

Hmmmm ... method 2 might be the most realistic of resolution though.
However, you might try att + 3d6.    Player A rolls 3d6 and adds the
total to their attribute score, Player B does the same.  Highest total
wins the contest.  This gives lower attribute characters a chance in a
contest with high attribute characters - and should work well for
contests between high attribute characters as well.

Dan