From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
David Michael Grouchy II
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 9:12 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Question to list --> contests.

>From: Ed Thorn <prophesor@yahoo.com>
>
>... (this contest chosen to
>bridge the approach from existing rules)...

   Heres one I just made up.  I say either way if their attribute is below
ten you should crush their chances.  In a contest between brain pans,
strength of heart, or wrist locks; I consider 10 to be the bare minimum to
overcome a human's own llimitations.  The minimum St to carry an object
equal to your own weight, or the ten is the minimum Dx to catch something
that they themselves knocked over.  Some people just can't do a pull-up, or
many push-ups.
   But for those people with high attributes, particularly legendary
figures, I feel the contest should be between their attribute total.  No
matter what the stated nature of the contest.  Inteligence and Dexterity can
play a lot in a track meet, not just the Strength.  Even indian wrestling
has a lot more than just balance to it.
   So my submission, colored by trying to approach the bridge from the
existing rules, is as follows...

   demi rules     3d6  vs.  att total / 3  round down
   god rules      3d6  vs.  att total / 10 round down

   examples...

   demi rules
human
   10 or less on 3d6