(TFT) A Thought on the St Cost to Renew Spells

I've just thought of a possible house rule: Allowing the subject of a
beneficial spell (Stone Flesh, Blur, Reverse Missiles, etc.) to pay the cost-to-renew
when the wizard stops renewing the spell. For example, a wizard could cast
Blur on his friend, pay the 1 St for the first renewal after casting, and then
let the friend pay the 1 St per turn renewal cost for subsequent turns until
the friend decided to drop the spell.

I'd like to ask the list: What would be a good set of rules for this?

First of all, I think that the casting wizard would have to allow the subject
to 'take over' the spell - if the wizard wanted to *end* the spell (rather
than simply stop paying the St cost), then he should be able to do so. But once
the subject 'took over' the spell, the wizard would have no responsibility for
it (or power to stop it). It would be similar to a Control Person used on a
summoned warrior.

As for other requirements, some possibilities I've thought of:

A. The subject should be able to do this with automatic success, if he
himself knows the spell.

B. If the subject doesn't know the spell, he might need to have some sort of
minor magic item allowing him to receive control of the spell.

C. Or the subject might need to have an IQ score of at least the IQ required
for the spell. Or possibly a higher score, if the subject is a non-wizard
(e.g. IQ equal to the spell's IQ if the subject is a wizard, or 4 points higher
than the spell's IQ if the subject is a non-wizard).

D. Or the subject might need to make an IQ roll to receive control of the
spell.

Any other ideas? Thoughts?

--
Erol K. Bayburt