(TFT) routine situations

Yep.

GM: You're walking down the road, when...

Player: I draw my weapon!

One thing to try is to start out asking about what players' routines are,
to establish what they can be expected to do without explicitly saying so,
as early as possible, when the party composition or situation changes, in
advance of any related crisis. This helps avoid problems between
assumptions. It can also help to sprinkle in several non-dangerous events,
both for color/interest/amusement/clue-sprinkling, and to establish
behavior patterns.

If non-fully-equipped situations are desired, it may also help to confront
"Sir Everarmored" with fatigue and maintenance nuisances, and social and
legal issues. Imagine trying to buy groceries in a helmet and flak vest,
and carrying a bazooka, grenades, and side-arms.

Although, as for bathing and cleanliness issues, historical adventurers
have often been rather grubby. Some accounts of American pioneers mention
salt build-up on their clothes from marching and sweating in the same
unwashed costume for months.

PvK