Re: (TFT) Hedge Wizardy and industrial magic

In a message dated 9/18/2003 10:41:48 PM Central Daylight Time, pvk@oz.net
writes:

> However the rare wizard math offers some other obstacles. If 1 in 300 are
> wizards, how many of those are IQ 18+ with Lesser Magic Item Creation? Of
> those IQ 18 wizards, how many are liable to spend their time enchanting
> Light items so they can sell them for $500 a piece to farmers so they can
> save money on long-term lantern oil expenses? Seems like they'd have many
> more important, interesting, and/or profitable things to do with their time.

If those item-enchanting wizards are so rare, then your argument leads to the
conclusion that they will ask for - and get - much more than $500 for the few
Light items they produce.

I can't use this line of argument for my own campaign since I've made wizards
somewhat more common (1 per 100-200, rather than 1 per 300), *and* I've
reduced the IQ requirement of Lesser Magic Item to IQ 15. But if I did use the
"Light items are rare, because the wizards creating them are rare" then I'd have a
hard time *not* justifying a big price boost, not just for Light items, but
for all magic items.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com