(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #534

celcius      material spontaniously combusts
   230            linseed oil
   200            leaves
   159            wood
   140            drying oil paints
   100            green hay
    95            cotton
    65 - 121      animal feed
    30 - 40       damp coal

At 19:43 -0400 9/25/03, TFT Digest wrote:
 >Some of the numbers on this table are highly suspect. Damp coal will
gang-fire at 30 C = 86 F !??!? On a hot summer day, Pennsylvania could
erupt.  Cotton in a double-boiler will explode??? I don't believe it.

    LOL!   News anchorman voice "Pennsylvania errupted again yesterday."
Sorry it wasn't labeled properly.  But the numbers above are celcius.

But you did label it properly and I *think* I did the conversion properly.

30 Celsius * 9/5 + 32 = 86 Fahrenheit.  (low end of range)
40 Celsius * 9/5 + 32 = 104 Fahrenheit. (high end of range)

Maybe it's just my lack of experience with damp coal, but .... ???

Apologies once again, practically every point I made had already been covered by one or more of the other lumen-aries on the list ;-). I think I'm going to have to turn off digest mode, I'm repeating you guys too often. Too often. Too often....
--
					- Mark
			210-522-6025, page 888-733-0967