(TFT) SOLO III, part 046

Solo III
Demon World
Part 046

Many of the prisoners are children. Some are Mates. All told there are about sixty kids, and fifteen mates. In addition there are five captured marines. They are all shackled at the legs. The marines are shackled at the wrists as well. Back on the Shark's Belly the last body is searched then rolled overboard. Now mates from the Triangle start moving about and reading the ship to sail. It has a big belly, and they seem quite pleased with the cargo they find there. The last of the prisoners is stowed in the hold of the Triangle. It is late in the evening and the sun is just starting to touch the horizon. On the other side of the world the flashes of the electrical storm start showing their colors. Uncle turns to Gail and Ada. "I need to talk to you two in your cabin." Ada frowns at this. The three of you go down below decks.

In the cabin Uncle says "Gail, your dragon has fallen asleep. I think you have been using it to sneak around the ship and find out the private vices of all the crew. And you have gotten to where you don't like them too much. But just because you have searched out their private little sins doesn't mean you can condem them." Uncle circles around and rests one leg on the table. His other foot still on the deck of the room. He rests his hands in his lap, cupped, with the dragon heart laying in his gloved hand. Gail and Ada just stand there on either side of the closed door. Vanity mirrors behind them. "When is the last time your dragon looked at the stars. Ada here has taken her dragon to check on Rebecca and the kids almost every night. But your dragon travels less far every night, staying closer and closer to you. Till this past week it hasn't even left the ship." Uncle sighs. "Now, I understand your curiosity about the people around you. But your little display up on deck has forced me to ask you a question." Uncle fixed Gail with his eyes. "Both of you." He looks to Ada. "Why haven't either of you used your dragon to return some of the kids home." Uncle looks back to Gail. "And why are you mad at me, because your dragon is going to sleep."

David Michael Grouchy II