Re: (TFT) Shield rush in Melee

> Point two: I think we are overestimating the effectiveness of a "crushing"
> blow. Keep in mind that knocking someone down in standard Melee is
> a result of shock from wounds and not the force of the blow itself per se.

Yeah, I know this is true in standard Melee.  I guess I just like the idea
of
beating someone around the arena.

> Also keep in mind that a person blasted with even a 20mm cannon shell
> has about even odds of falling forward as backward.

I wasnt aware of this.

> "Knockback" as such is not a phenomena one actually sees in the real
> world, though a person might well back off after being stuck with a razor
> sharp bit of steel,  hence....
>
> Point three: there is an existing rule that sort of covers this on p. 18
of
> AM under "Forcing Retreat" (top right column) which states to the effect
> that if you put hits on a foe and are not hit yourself you can force your
> enemy to retreat.

Only one hex though, right?  And it doesn't force the guy to fall down or
go to one knee.  I know about falling down due to reactions to injury, but
that is a reaction to INJURY, not to being HIT.  The idea I was trying to
get at was that if I am hit for 9 points of damage, there should be some
effect, even if my armor absorbs it all.