Re: (TFT) Shield rush in Melee

In a message dated 11/17/2003 11:27:08 AM Central Standard Time,
tbeard@tyler.net writes:

> The bottom line IMHO is that strength appears to be very important in
things
> like boxing, martial arts, judo, etc. Far more so than is typically
> reflected in RPGs in my opinion.

Oddly enough, D&D puts a high emphasis on Strength for melee-combat (high Str
gives bonuses both to hit and to damage) - and most of the other RPGs have
moved away from that...

I prefer my TFT campaign when GMing, but I have to admit that D&D does do
some things well.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow