(TFT) Young and bad 4

Uncle, the captain, Gail, and Ada eventually make their way to the tavern. They are dressed in their finest. While Uncle and the girls look sharp and feel relaxed, the captain feels a little awkward wearing upper class clothes. He feels stiff and can't keep his hands still. At the tavern all the old money nobles will know instantly. Uncle and the girls are the real deal, but the captain is just going through the motions of meeting the dress code. The cabin boy who has been brought along is dressed up to look the part of a refugee. Formerly nice clothes, but faded and frayed at the ends. He also does the scared and whipped routine very well. Eyes darting about, making sure no one gets behind him, and jumping a little when ever someone moves their arms near him. The captain will do most of the talking. These are the key points he will cover. Also a minor note on the captains speech patterns. He has no experience with the royal "we" and in fact will never use the word "we." Everything is always "me", "mine", or "I". The local nobles on the other hand have almost no experience doing anything for themselves and will always use the word "we" even when they mean "I".

    "I am the captain of the Triangle."
    "My ship was attacked by pirates."
    "This child was rescued and I want to get him home."
"The lad has agreed to let us auction off his furniture to pay for his trip home."
    "I was hoping someone here could help."

The GM should make the nobles interested by mildly skeptical. They will withhold any kind of commitment until they see the furniture. Prior to going to the tavern the players or crew will have arranged to have a farmers barn filled with tons of pirated cargo. Once the nobles see this hall of treasures they will be very interested in helping and an Auction will be set for a few days later. The nobles will part company with the characters at this point.

    As to Gus Ferrovaggi.
He will be in the tavern that night. The youngest one in the room, and totally bored. He will say nothing, and will not even really pay attention. When the nobles leave to view the furniture he will stay behind. Late in the evening a few nobles will return very excited and singing the praises of the quality of stuff to be auctioned. This is when Gus will get interested. He will round up his crew and go to see Mr. Marious. A venerable old sage that Gus has locked in his basement. All of his books, papers, and even a cot are down here. Only one of Gus' servants has the keys and makes sure the old man is fed and cared for. Gus will tell Mr. Marious about the barn full of exotic stuff, the rescued kid, and the captain. Old Mr. Marious will tell Gus that he has heard of this thing before. That in all likelihood, the Captain himself is the pirate, and he his just using the kid as an excuse to fence some stolen property. Gus will work himself and his crew into a state of righteous indignation about this. They will attack the Triangle from the Air at midnight. If the characters defeat Gus & co. completely, the Auction and return of sixteen children will go off without a hitch. As no one likes Gus very much, and he will not be missed for a week. But if any one of them escapes there is a fair chance that the wrath of the entire army will be called down on the Triangle and it's crew.

    David Michael Grouchy II